- The anthropologists decided that this tribe was to remain “uncontacted”…
- Australia tweeted #illridewithyou – and showed great solidarity in a moment of crisis
- Meatless Mondays: Fingerling Potato Hash | TakePart
- A hybrid Australia, where identity has a multi-layered crunch
- States Form Secret Alliance With Energy Companies To Kill Environmental Regulations – NationofChange
- Photographer captures moment a shark jumps out of the water at NSW beach during surf contest – ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Lost in the Fifties- Another Time, Another Place
- Adapting to the cold — Australian Antarctic Division
- Spend Your Black Friday Funds Helping Crowdfund A Mission To The Moon
- Brisbane storm: Photos show full scale of destructive cell system – ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Against a backdrop of fear and uncertainty following the hostage taking in Sydney, thousands of ordinary Australians turned to social media to spread a message of unprecedented tolerance and solidarity.
Ingredients1 pound fingerling potatoes, cleanedKosher salt and freshly ground black pepper1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil1 small red onion, sliced4 large eggs
Australia today is very different to the place I grew up in: our culture has changed and is changing, but public discussion is still framed by old tropes. We need a new shorthand to capture the reality and potential of Australia in the 21st century – one that synthesises the past and casts it forward with insight into what makes this place and its people unique.
States Form Secret Alliance With Energy Companies To Kill Environmental Regulations – NationofChange
Energy firms and state attorneys general have established a secretive alliance in an effort to derail environmental oversight and promote fossil fuels, according to an in-depth New York Times’ investigation published this weekend. Having reviewed thousands of emails and legal documents and undertaken dozens of interviews, the Times found that “Republican attorneys general have formed with some of the nation’s top energy producers to push back against the Obama regulatory agenda.”
Photographer captures moment a shark jumps out of the water at NSW beach during surf contest – ABC News Australian Broadcasting Corporation
A budding photographer from the New South Wales mid north coast has captured what she describes as her “Oh-my-God moment”, with a shark leaping out of the water during a local surf contest.